Monday, May 6, 2013

More Light-up Ray Gun Action

While I have been tooling around with adding lights for a little while, this is the first trigger-activated light from the workshop.


I went back to the beginning on this one, and you'll notice a lot of the same parts here from my first pieces. I haven't done straight toy mods for a while, but needed the hollow trigger and body for the light. This particular gun has an inner walled chamber that the light fits in pretty well and minimized light bleed around through the gun.

There is literally, a key chain light fixed into place and a small screw on the piece of the trigger inside the gun to press the button. Its pretty low-tech, but it works and the affect is pretty cool. The crystal  really conducts the light well and looks awesome. Don't believe me? Check out the video below:


Other than that, I didn't add too many bells & whistles. I am very fond of the piece on the back, which had been sitting in a bin for a few years now; it ties in really well with the ornate-ness of the barrel, and really ties it together.

Not sure where I'm going with the light thing now, but it is nice to know that I can pull it off with my meager understanding of electronics.

Keep zap'n!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment