Monday, June 6, 2011

Steam-Bot!!!






I call this guy Steamhead, and I built him about a year ago, but just finished the paint job recently. He is truly an assemblage piece, using all sort of plastic odds & ends and mostly held together by a bunch of wire, and some good fortune.

I love the pot-belly stove look and the steampipe for a head. The face came out rather well, and definitely has a victorian gentlemanly look. The mustache cracks me up...





Again, a bunch of random pieces and clippings from other items. The mouthpiece is actually part of a foil doily (I think).The head was originally going to hang from the chest on a rod and look much more menacing. I'm glad I went this way with it though; he looks much cooler like this.

For some reason, I don't have pics of the back. There is keyhole in the back, that actually fits a small key. Sadly, the key doesn't really do anything; you'll just have to use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment