Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pocket Ray Gun


 

Though I'd been toying around with a compact pistol for a while, this particular piece didn't take long to make at all. I had wanted to make a pistol where the handle had a door in it, with a setting dial, but I had a lot of trouble making it work. I kept the general grip size and shape, but settled for an inset gage, which I think looks pretty good.

The barrel is a wooden chair leg, with maetal brads and some plastic do-dads glued on.


I tried to keep it pretty simple, but elegant. I have had trouble with smoothing and rounding the edges of the handles using a table sander. On this piece I tried the sandpaper tip for the Dremel and it worked great.

 


 On the flipside I added some decorative flourish, and...


 
...some silver foil doiley from decorative trim.
 
Hope you like it, and keep zap'n!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment